44 Escudellers Barcelona, Spain
- Availability: 1 - 3 beds
- Price: From €320,000
- Estimated Completion: Q1 2021
- Tenure: Freehold
- Rental Yield: 6%
- Invest €500,000 into Spain and qualify for a Golden Visa
- Busiest cruise ship port in Europe welcoming 2.6 million cruise passengers last year
- Prime property prices 25% lower than Berlin, 60% cheaper than London and 6x lower than Hong Kong
- Home to 12 universities and 35 international schools
- Barcelona is the 6th most visited city in the World with over 7.5million tourists last year
- 1st emerging creative city in the world (BCD, 2016)
Escudellers 44 is located close to Las Ramblas and just a short walk from the sea.
Under the guidance of world renowned restoration specialist Xaviert Guitart, the property is being transformed into 16 apartments designed for modern living. These apartments combine the best of Barcelona’s traditional artistry with tomorrow’s smart-home technology.
The building architecture is a living embodiment of the Barcelona Gothic Quarter and its remarkable history. There has been a property on this site since the 15th century and the present building was constructed in 1769.
44 Escudellers will be fully renovated, adding contemporary freshness and modern functionality to its abundant early-20th-century charm. The building will be restructured to create apartments of exceptional quality. These newly designed apartments starting from 47sqm are ideal as city homes or second residences. They combine authentic Barcelona style with uncompromising modern comfort across 1 to 3 bedrooms and a spacious living area with a fully-equipped open kitchen. Contemporary design combines with traditional craftsmanship in details such as the magnificent tiled mosaic flooring.
The result is a one-of-a-kind opportunity, ready at the end of Q1 2021.
- Prime location in Barcelona’s Gothic Quarter
- 1 – 3 bed apartments
- Traditional Barcelona mosaic floor tiles
- Smart-home technology
- Elegant residential district packed with restaurants, cafés and galleries
- Close to major Metro and Bus lines
- Fast road access to city centre, airport and main train station
For buyers looking to relocate, owners can take advantage of the Golden Visa program and obtain residency in Spain by investing 500,000eur into the country.
Escudellers 44 is your key to Barcelona's Gothic Quarter and your gateway to its nightlife, street life and cultural life. This is the historic heart of the city. Barcino, the 3rd century BC Roman settlement that gave Barcelona its name, was founded here.
Today, this labyrinth of narrow backstreets is lined with laid-back bars, exclusive clubs and lively squares. The original Roman walls and medieval masterpieces are still here, but many of its landmarks date from later cen- turies. One of them is Plaça George Orwell – the site of Escudellers 44.
The plaza is now named after the 20th-century British author – famous for writing Homage to Catalonia, 1984 and Animal Farm – but it has existed since the Middle Ages. At its center of its bustling cafes and terraces is a swirling sculpture by Catalan surrealist Leandre Cristòfol.