Maré Peniche, Portugal
- Availability: 1 - 2 bedrooms
- Price: From €230,000
- Estimated Completion: Q1 2025
- Tenure: Freehold
- Rental Yield: 6%
- Portugal awarded “Best Tourist Destination in Europe” for 5th consecutive year
- The country saw a record-breaking number of guests and overnight stays in August 2022
- Lisbon Airport handled 12.1 million passengers in the first half of 2022
- Lower cost of living than other capital cities
- Peniche is known as one of the world's best surfing destinations
- Steady house price growth since 2014
An hour from Lisbon and located in one of the world’s most popular surf destinations, MARÉ Peniche offers year-round rental demand, making it ideal for Airbnb.
Located 7 mins walk from the Marina and only 5 mins drive from the beach, the project offers an affordable yet high specification lifestyle investment. Set in the heart of the old town, MARÉ Peniche will be transformed; taking down the old construction and building new modern apartments in its place. The result will combine the beautiful heritage of Peniche’s old town with modern, luxury living in keeping with the original spirit of the area.
There will be a total of 9 one and two bedroom apartments, with a communal swimming pool on the ground floor. Each will be a stylish, secure, and private base for owners and their guests. The building will have a tourist licence for apartments for short term rentals and for private use. Rental demand is extremely strong due to the year round surfing appeal.
- Boutique development of only 9 apartments
- Renovation project in old town centre
- One and two bedroom layouts
- Surrounded by restaurants and bars
- 5 mins from the beach
- Top quality finishes and features
- Modern living spaces and facilities
- Communal terrace with a private swimming pool
One beds gross €28,500pa
Two beds gross €35,000pa
Reservation deposit €5000
15% on contract July 2023 (includes €5000 deposit)
10% on construction start date (October 2023)
75% Balance on completion (Q1 2025)
Perhaps the biggest name in European surfing
Peniche is essentially a peninsula off the coast of Portugal, attached to the mainland by a few bridges and beaches. This shape means that no matter which way the wind is blowing, there is always an offshore wind, so when the swell is right, it is one of the most consistent surf spots in Europe.
This is the ultimate destination for many wave riders, and home to the Rip Curl Pro Portugal every October (a great time to go). Tens of thousands of fans flock to the beach and dunes of Supertubos to support the athletes and enjoy high-performance surfing at one of Europe’s finest surfing spots.
Peniche is also well known for the fresh fish and seafood that comes every day from the port to local restaurants.