Merchant City Glasgow, UK
- Availability: 1 - 2 Beds
- Price: From £152,000
- Estimated Completion: Q3 2021
- Tenure: Freehold
- Rental Yield: 6%
- Prices significantly cheaper than neighbouring Edinburgh
- #1 UK Core City for producing Financial and Business Services graduates
- #1 ‘large European city for Foreign Direct Investment (The Financial Times)
- #1 UK Core City for producing the most Digital Technology students and graduates
- #1 UK Tech City in CBREs 2019 Tech Cities Report, after London
- Full freehold ownership
Invest in freehold UK apartments in central Glasgow at Merchant City.
Brand New One and Two Beds, superbly finished with modern fittings, located in the heart of Glasgow city centre. Fastest house price growth in the UK, and still £100,000 cheaper on average than neighbouring Edinburgh. High population growth, with construction struggling to keep up with demand. Three universities and the highest student retention rate of any city outside of London underpinning a robust rental market.
- Prices from £155,000 – £201,000
- 15% down / balance on completion Q3 2021
- One & two bedroom apartments
The building is ideally positioned only 11 minutes away from Glasgow Central Station, where the new 2026 HS2 connection is expected to significantly drive up regional values.
Stretching from George Square to the High Street and beyond, Merchant City is a hub of regeneration in the heart of Glasgow.
Over the past twenty years, developers have recycled Industrial-era warehouses and buildings into chic, usable spaces. Now, brimming with top-class restaurants, hip cafes and trendy bars, it is no wonder the Merchant City is a highly sought after neighbourhood, and a particular favourite of the 50,000+ local students from Strathclyde University and City of Glasgow College.
George Square, Central Station and the city’s main shopping district all conveniently within a 10-15 minute walk. With many of the city’s best bar’s, cafés and restaurants on your doorstep.