Onda Peniche, Portugal
- Availability: Studio - 1 bed
- Price: From €165,000
- Estimated Completion: Q2 2024
- Tenure: Freehold
- Rental Yield: 6%
- Portugal awarded “Best Tourist Destination in Europe” for 5th consecutive year
- Portugal saw a record-breaking number of guests and overnight stays in August 2022
- Lisbon Airport handled 12.1 million passengers in the first half of 2022
- Lower cost of living than other capital cities
- Peniche is known as one of the world's best surfing destinations
- Steady house price growth since 2014
ONDA Apartments in Peniche Old Town – perfect for Airbnb
An hour from Lisbon and located in one of the world’s most popular surf destinations, ONDA Peniche offers year-round rental demand, making it ideal for Airbnb.
Located 7 mins walk from the marina and only 5 mins drive from the beach, the project offers an affordable yet high-specification lifestyle investment.
Set in the heart of the old town, there will be a total of 13 studio and one-bedroom apartments, with a communal plunge pool on the roof terrace, with each being a stylish, secure and private base for owners and their guests. The building will have a tourist licence for apartments for short-term rentals and private use.
Rental demand is extremely strong due to the year-round surfing appeal.
The price per square meter here is circa €4000, representing a price point 2.5x cheaper than Lisbon. This, in turn, ensures above-average rental yields alongside a price point starting at €165,000.
Key features of the project
- Boutique development of only 13 apartments
- Strong net rental yields
- 70% LTV financing at rates as low as 3.73%
- Only 25% down / 75% on completion Q2 2024
- Renovation project in the old town centre
- Studios – One-bedroom layouts
- 5 mins from the beach
- Top-quality finishes and features
- Modern living spaces and facilities
- Communal rooftop terrace with a private plunge pool
Known as the “City of Surf” of Portugal, Peniche has approx 30,000 residents. Only one hour's drive 100km north from Lisbon airport, you will discover sandy beaches and cliffs riddled with caves.
Surfers from all around the world gather here year-round because if there are no waves on one side of the peninsula, there are likely to be some on the other. The most famous beach is Supertubos, which is known as one of the best surf breaks in the world. It hosts the “The Rip Curl Pro” tournament that gathers the world's best surfers every October. Peniche is also well known for the fresh fish and seafood that comes every day from the local port to the restaurants that are located all around the old city.